Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Goldfish® Baked with Whole Grain: Healthy Snacks for the Whole Family

Goldfish® crackers are my kids' favorite snack (and one of mine too). These yummy little fish-shaped crackers have long been a snacking staple at my home and I try to stock my cupboard with them every time they go on sale at the grocery store. So when #Crowdtap offered me a chance to try the new Goldfish® Crackers Baked with Whole Grain, my kids and I took this challenge and ran with it. They sent us a package of  Goldfish® Baked with Whole Grain Xtra Cheddar Crackers, and my son immediately wanted to help me get started on the challenges that came with this sampling mission.
Our first challenge was to pair the crackers with a fruit or vegetable for an afternoon snack. I let my son pick what he paired his crackers with, and he chose grapes. Not all of the grapes made it onto the plate (mom helped out with that one, I'm afraid), but here was his yummy and healthy afternoon snack:
Our next challenge was to incorporate Goldfish® crackers into a "game" as part of the monthly #GoldfishTalesPromotion challenge.  We took some Goldfish® Baked with Whole Grain Xtra Cheddar Crackers and some Goldfish® Colors Crackers and showed them playing a game of Chutes & Ladders in color based teams. Unfortunately the Xtra Cheddar crackers hit the big slide, which put the orange Colors crackers in the lead.
Next, we took the challenge to the next level and used a coupon to pick up another variety of Goldfish® Baked with Whole Grain. Since we couldn't decide which one to pick, we chose two: Honey Grahams and Pretzel.
Needless to say, with three kids these two bags of crackers didn't stick around very long. As a adult that has been eating Goldfish® crackers for a long time now, the texture of the Whole Grain varieties is a little bit different than the original, but the taste is the same and my kids didn't seem to notice the difference, they were just excited to be able to have Goldfish® for snacks. So, since my kids love snacking on Goldfish® for both the taste and the fun of eating little fish crackers, I decided to pull a healthy switch on them and add whole grain to their snack time. I think these yummy little snacks are going to become a healthy family tradition.


**The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own. Product samples and program incentives were received as compensation for this product review. Product testing and review were performed in compliance with guidelines provided by Crowdtap and the Goldfish® Crowd.**

No comments:

Post a Comment