Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

TIDE PODS®: #SmallButPowerful

This sampling from #Crowdtap at a very opportune time. Remember a few weeks ago, when I had a hair dying party? Well we got a whole bunch of towels dirty while dying our hair (better than getting our clothes dirty). Some were dirtier than others, and one in particular I thought would need to be thrown away after we were done. But, my TIDE PODS® sample came that morning, so after our fun evening of dying our hair, I took my large pile of towels down to the laundry room and got them ready for the wash.  
The instructions said that one TIDE POD® is good for a normal sized load of laundry, or for a normal quantity of dirt. My load of towels was going to be both a large load and a dirty one, so I started by adding two TIDE PODS® to my washer before adding the towels and starting the load.
Next I filled up the washer and started it.  Then I sat back and waited while my washer did the hard part. Finally, I transferred my towels to the dryer and got them nice and dry. Here were my results:
Here's one of my old dish towels that got stains from drying the raspberries we had for our refreshments. It was already stained before I started, but the prominent red berry stains were nowhere to be found.
Then there were my light blue towels that had black hair dye stains on them. They came out with no traces of black at all.
This towel was my deciding factor. Somehow, long, thick hair combined with three boxes of hair dye leads to a really big stain on this light colored towel. I was sure that it was going to be ruined, but surprise! The TIDE PODS® removed all but one tiny dot of the hair dye from this towel. I was amazed at how well they worked.
I was so impressed with how well the TIDE PODS® cleaned my towels that I chose my sister to share my other two samples with. She visited us for Easter this year, so I added her TIDE PODS® to her Easter basket for a nice little grown-up Easter surprise.

Ultimately, I was very impressed with how well this product works. The TIDE PODS® are formulated so that they contain a detergent, stain remover, and brightener in one tiny little package. They also are 90% cleaning agent, with very little water, unlike traditional liquid detergents. They are also made to be able to dissolve with any temperature of water, and they can work with HE machines as well. From my one experience with them I have a tendency to believe their product claims; however, when I looked at them at the store, I couldn't stomach the price. I know that my standard laundry detergent may not work as well, but it fits into my family's budget a whole lot better than these do.  So, TIDE PODS® may be the best product out there to tackle tough stains and keep your clothes looking brighter, but unfortunately, at this time they are not in the budget. So thank you Tide and Crowdtap for this sampling opportunity, but for now I'm afraid my dingy, stained clothes and I are going to have to sit and watch the greener grass on the other side.


**The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own. Product samples and program incentives were received as compensation for this product review. Product testing and review were performed in compliance with guidelines provided by Crowdtap and Tide.**

No comments:

Post a Comment