Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Johnsonville Grillers: Family Friendly Grilling

I have three little kids. They don't like traditional hamburgers, and they aren't old enough to enjoy a nice grilled steak, so sometimes it seems like too much work to pull out the grill to prepare our dinner. But with the help of #Crowdtap and a sample opportunity from #Johnsonville, I may have found the solution for a simple, yet delicious, grilled meal for our little family of five.
It all started out with a package of Swiss Cheese & Mushroom Johnsonville Grillers. My husband and I wanted to try them for ourselves, and our oldest son wanted to try them too, but my girls decided they wanted their standard hot dogs. So we fired up the grill, grilled the flavored pork patties and a few hot dogs, sliced some watermelon, and got read for a yummy dinner. But before I took my first bite and tried a Johnsonville Griller for the first time, I wanted to add some artistry to make our simple meal of meat look more like a healthy and balanced meal.
I started with the freshly cooked patties, added a bun, a few toppings, condiments, and a slice of watermelon, and here was the delicious result:
My son wasn't quite up for all the additions, so here was my solution to his desire to just see how the patty tasted:
We were all impressed with the final result of our Swiss Cheese & Mushroom patties. They were perfectly seasoned and we didn't need to add any additional seasoning to them at all. Their texture was different than I anticipated, more like a bratwurst than a hamburger, but their flavor was unique and delicious. I liked my meal all dressed up in it's sandwich form and my son enjoyed just his patty in all it's simplicity. My husband, who is rather particular when it comes to his meat, was also impressed and told me that he would like to try them again. 
So, the next time we are itching to fire up the grill for just our little family, we will definitely consider  having Johnsonville Grillers on the menu.



**The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own. Product samples and program incentives were received as compensation for this product review. Product testing and review were performed in compliance with guidelines provided by Crowdtap and Johnsonville.**

No comments:

Post a Comment