Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Amopé Pedi Perfect™: The Perfert Pedicure Tool

I live in the desert. The air is dry and my skin is dry. I've worked hard to find products to keep my hands, elbows, and face moisturized and smooth, but I don't think I had really ever thought about the dry skin on my feet until I started learning about the  Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Wet and Dry Rechargeable Foot File on #Crowdtap. This is a electronic foot file that is waterproof and can be used on dry skin anywhere, wet skin in the shower, or damp feet in the tub or after a soak in a foot bath. It also has a rechargeable battery and replaceable files so it can become a permanent part of your pedicure routine.
My sample box arrived just over two weeks ago, and in these two weeks I have started preparing my feet for sandal weather. I started by taking the file out of the box, reading the instructions, and charging my file for its first use. 
It took a couple hours to charge, then I was ready to start my path to smooth, happy feet.
Here's my "before" photo. I had several layers of hard, callused skin on my heels, the balls of my feet and the side of my big toe. I've worn shoes most of the winter, so they weren't as dry as they get in the summer, but they still were in need of some love.
The first three times I used the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Wet and Dry Rechargeable Foot File, I used it in "dry" mode. I settled in with my foot file, one of my favorite lotions, a towel to catch the dry bits of skin, and my feet. It took me a few minutes to figure out the best way to hold the file and the best filing technique, but it didn't take too long and I soon started filing away a nasty layer of dry skin.  The first time took about 20 minutes, and when I was done, I finished my session off with some good lotion. The end result was that my skin was softer, although there was still quite a bit of dry skin. 

I filed my feet again a few days later. My skin started feeling softer after the second filing, but it wasn't until the third time that I really started seeing a difference. I worked on all of the calluses, but I focused on four trouble areas that seemed drier than the others. Here are the before (top row) and after (bottom row) pictures of my third foot filing.
It wasn't until after my third pedicure that I had to recharge my foot file. That was a little over 45 minutes of dry skin removal after only one charging. I see that as a pretty good battery life - my husband's high quality electric razor doesn't even last that long. 

For my last two times using the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Wet and Dry Rechargeable Foot File I used it in "wet" mode. I found that using the file on wet skin works even better than on dry skin. The wet or damp skin seems to be more willing to part from my foot, and the damp skin with less dry skin on it seemed to absorb the lotion better. 
Here's the "after" photo: my feet after two weeks and 5 pedicures using the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Wet and Dry Rechargeable Foot File. Notice how my skin looks smoother and the calluses are less dark and thick. My feet feel softer and they look great. For more details, here's a close-up illustration of the two week process:
Now that I've softened up my feet, I'll reduce my pedicure frequency to probably only once a week. I'm sure that with the help of Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Wet and Dry Rechargeable Foot File, I'll be able to maintain my softer skin throughout the rest of the spring and throughout the entire year. Look out sandals, here I come!



**The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own. Product samples and program incentives were received as compensation for this product review. Product testing and review were performed in compliance with guidelines provided by Crowdtap and Amopé.**

No comments:

Post a Comment