Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Garnier Olia®: A night of Friends, Food, and Fun

My latest sample opportunity from #Crowdtap was a lot of fun. I am fairly new in the neighborhood, so I decided to share my samples of Garnier Olia® hair color with some ladies in my neighborhood to help me get to know them better. I also invited my sister-in-law, since she's my go-to for a girl's night, and my brother-in-law tagged along. We had a nice spread of hair color to choose from, and some yummy treats to eat as well.
We all started out by choosing the hair color that we were going to try. Not everybody came at the same time, so we staggered our picture taking, and also, at the last moment, my brother-in-law decided to give dying his hair a try, so we ended up using all but one of the colors that we had to choose from. (Plus a couple of extra. My hair took 3 boxes, but I anticipated that and picked up a couple more of the color I used - Garnier Olia® 6.60: Light Intense Auburn - at the store before we started) Here we are with our selections:
Then came the fun of dying our hair. We got to help each other out, talk, and get to know each other better while updating our spring style. While we were working, we observed that we really liked the low odor of the dye. It doesn't have an ammonia component and that was super awesome since we had six of us using my kitchen to dye our hair that evening.  Also, the gloves, while better than the typical plastic gloves that come with a box of hair dye, were a bit slippery and so were the dye application bottles. So combine two slippery surfaces, and it made holding on to the applicator bottle a little bit difficult. Here is a look at our work, with before and after shots for each of us:
I think that the results looked great, and everybody seemed to agree with me.  The color added a brightness to the hair as well as adding color.  It seemed to do a good job covering up gray hair, where applicable, and added a fun new element to our spring wardrobes. As to whether I'll try this hair dye again or not, I still have to wait and see how well the color lasts and if they have the color I want the next time I dye my hair. Thanks Crowdtap and Garnier for this opportunity to have fun and make new friends.



**The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own. Product samples and program incentives were received as compensation for this product review. Product testing and review were performed in compliance with guidelines provided by Crowdtap and Garnier.**

No comments:

Post a Comment