Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Savers Truly Saved My Produce


I am notorious for having produce go bad in my refrigerator. I buy it with every intent to eat it before it goes bad, but more often than not I end up throwing out as much, if not more, than my family manages to consume. I'm hoping that now that I've discovered Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver containers all that will change.

I received a medium sized Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver container from #Crowdtap and immediately put it to use. I pulled some blackberries out of the refrigerator and transferred them from their store packaging, where they had started to wilt and dry out, and put them in my new FreshWorks™ container. Once there, I was able to eat a few of them each day and they didn't go bad any faster than before, and maybe even aged slower than normal.
The next thing I needed to do was compare the same type of produce in both the store packaging and in the Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver container so I could be sure that it really was prolonging the life of my produce. I chose mushrooms, because we eat a lot of them and it would be nice if I could keep more on hand. I purchased two packages, kept one of them in the store packaging and put the other one into the Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver container, then let them sit in my refrigerator for a week to see what would happen. At the end of a week there wasn't a large visual difference, but there was a big difference when it came to texture. The mushrooms that were kept in the store packaging we soft and a little bit slimy, but the mushrooms that were kept in the Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver container were firm and definitely fresher.
The next week my local grocery store had raspberries on sale. Raspberries are one of my favorite fruits and I love it when they go on sale, but I can generally only purchase a single package of them because they go bad so fast. This time I purchased two packages of raspberries and did the same thing with them. I kept one package in the store package and the other one in my Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver container.  
This time the difference after a week in the refrigerator was a bit more obvious. I didn't notice any difference at all in the berries that were kept in the Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver container. They stayed firm, fresh, and juicy and were just as delicious on Day 7 as they were on Day 1. The berries in the store packaging were a different matter. The berries on top had started to wilt, while the berries on the bottom had gone mushy and they had lost some of their yummy flavor. By this time I was hooked.
On my next trip to Wal-Mart I found the food storage aisle and was very pleased to find the Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver products. I bought a package with three different sizes, brought them home and proceeded to move my produce from their store packaging so I could enjoy it longer.
Now, if you take a look in my refrigerator, you'll see my Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ Produce Saver containers filled with a variety of produce, just waiting for me to add it to a recipe or just steal a piece or two for a yummy afternoon snack.


**The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own. Product samples and program incentives were received as compensation for this product review. Product testing and review were performed in compliance with guidelines provided by Crowdtap and Rubbermaid®.**

No comments:

Post a Comment