Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Garnier SkinActive Miracle Anti-Fatigue Products: Waking Up this Desert Girl's Skin

I grew up in the desert, and was used to the dry summer and winter air. But that was when I was young and my skin didn't know what it was missing. In my 20's I moved to the Midwest and lived there for seven years. My skin loved the humidity and it got used to having a lot more moisture in the air. Then I not only moved back to the high mountain desert climate of Utah, but I turned 30, had my third child, and my hormones decided that all of a sudden my skin was going to start looking its age. That's fine, my skin had been nice to me for quite a while, but now when I look in the mirror I feel like I've aged about five years in last two. I just don't want it to keep aging at this pace or else I'll look fifty before I'm forty. 
So, as I've become more aware of how my skin looks, I've also teamed up several times with #Crowdtap and #Garnier to try some of their skin care products. This time I got to try three products from their Garnier SkinActive Miracle Anti-Fatigue line. I used all three of these products in concert to see if they would help hydrate, nourish, and energize the skin on my face. The Wake-Up Hydra-Gel Moisturizer was my favorite product.
I like how it is a light gel instead of a heavy cream. I applied it to my face first thing in the morning, right after I washed my face. It spread on smoothly, absorbed quickly, and was light enough that I could still wear a sunscreen over it, my face didn't get too oily during the day, and it didn't clog my pores - in my 30's and still worrying about acne :( . It wore well under make-up, and I feel that it met my expectations as a hydrating gel.
The Sleeping Cream, however, was a disappointment. It was too heavy, clogged my pores, and left my face feeling greasy when I woke up in the morning. It also had a fragrance that I didn't really care for. On the other hand, it did a really good job hydrating my skin and helped keep it feeling good all day long. So, yes, the product worked, but I personally just don't care for it.
The third product, the Eye Gel-Cream, is somewhere in the middle. It has smoothed and moisturized the skin under my eyes, but I'm not sure it has worked as well as I would have liked. I still wake up with my eyes a bit puffy and I haven't yet seen any difference in the shadows under my eyes. Overall though the three products, working together, have made a difference in the texture and feel of my skin.
It is hard to tell from these photos, but after nearly two weeks my skin is much softer and smoother. It stays hydrated all day long, and washing my face doesn't dry out my skin as much as it did before. I probably won't use the night cream again after my sample is used up, but I am seriously considering purchasing the morning gel to supplement my skin care routine.
Using what I've learned from these products, and by incorporating those techniques along with products that compliment my skin type, I am determined to keep nourishing and hydrating my skin both day and night. I assume that over time this routine will help maintain the elasticity of my skin. It should hopefully slow the rate at which my skin is aging and help my skin look and feel younger for many years to come.


**The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own. Product samples and program incentives were received as compensation for this product review. Product testing and review were performed in compliance with guidelines provided by Crowdtap and Garnier.**

No comments:

Post a Comment