Pages

Friday, June 3, 2016

Truvía® Nectar: A Lot of Sweet with Little Guilt

I have a sweet tooth. I love sweet foods, snacks, and deserts. I have been trying to lose some weight, but it's hard to fight against my cravings for something sweet. But now, thanks to the new Truvía® Nectar blend, I can satisfy my sweet tooth while cutting calories.
This new Truvía® product is a blend of honey and stevia lead extract that packs a huge sweet punch with only half the calories of sugar. It's so sweet that you don't have to use as much either. I tried Truvía® Nectar in a few different ways and all my results were yummy.
The first recipe that I tried was a yogurt parfait. I layered plain yogurt, granola, sliced strawberries, and Truvía® Nectar twice in my bowl and then dug in. It was AMAZING! The Truvía® Nectar offset the plainness of the yogurt and the sourness of the strawberries and helped keep my breakfast healthy.
Next I took a spin on a classic peanut butter and honey sandwich and replaced the honey with Truvía® Nectar. I made one sandwich for myself, and then I made some for my kids so they could try it too. My kids didn't even notice the difference. I got just a little bit of the stevia aftertaste when I licked off the knife (bad manners, I know, but it was sticky and sweet and I didn't want to let it go to waste) but I didn't notice it at all with the sandwich.
My final test of this product was the biggest hit of all. I simply drizzled a little bit of
Truvía® Nectar on a slice of buttered toast and added it to our family breakfast. The Nectar added the perfect amount of sweetness to the toast without overdoing it. My kids loved it too, and now they think that Truvía® Nectar should be part of our breakfast every day.

Now that I've discovered this delicious, low calorie sweetener, I am looking forward to repeats of these yummy meals and to trying it in other recipes as well. So thanks,
Truvía®, for helping me find a way to satisfy my craving for sweet things while keeping my calories low!


**The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own. Product samples and program incentives were received as compensation for this product review. Product testing and review were performed in compliance with guidelines provided by Crowdtap and Truvía®**

No comments:

Post a Comment